Sunday, November 18, 2012

Cebu Dining Experience: Lantaw Floating Native Restaurant


If there's one thing that I love about Cebu, that must be the food offered within the vicinity. No matter if it's a street food eating adventure or a fine dining experience, food is just hard to resist in the Queen City of the South. For such reason, I have been compelled to chronicle my dining experiences in Cebu in which this post is going to be the first in the long line of food fiesta. 

Lantaw Floating Native Restaurant in Cordova, Cebu, I believe, has earned its place for being  the first to be featured in this blog. Serving a variety of Filipino cuisine matched with local flavors and  delicacies, Lantaw does not only offer a relaxing atmosphere but sumptuous food as well. I happened to ask one of the waitresses their best-sellers and she enthusiastically answered, "For appetizers, we have Cordova Express which is similar to Bicol Express with a mix of seafood and for main dish, we have Garlic Shrimps." I tried Garlic Shrimps with green mango shake for dessert.

It was my first time in Lantaw but I heard good feedback from their customers before. For the benefit of those who would like to check the place, here's my take. If it's going to be a family gathering, a memorable occasion, a team dinner, a mere gathering with friends or anything that speaks of collective fun and dining, Lantaw is a perfect choice. Here are the reasons why:
A relaxing and spacious atmosphere is just few of Lantaw's
offerings to their patrons.  
1. Ambiance. The place is spacious enough to accommodate members of extended family and  big circles of friends. Also, they offer relaxing views especially in the evening when skyscrapers in Cebu City start to light and show a lively play of night life. Sunset is also breathtaking in the place. Sipping a bottle of beer while watching the sun as it sets is just perfect. 
Mayonnaise bottle containers are recycled and are
utilized as drinking glasses.  Isn't it environment friendly?
2. Affordability. Considering that Lantaw is affiliated with Moon Cafe (a Mexican Restaurant chain in Cebu), I was thinking that food would be very expensive. However, as I went through the menu and looked at the size of their servings, I realized that it's just good for a fine dining experience in a floating native restaurant. 
No, it's not the 17B Jeepney where you usually ride on going
to IT Park. It's Lantaw's  restaurant bar.
3. Food. What I like about the place is the fact that food are being cooked in what it seems to be an open kitchen -- customers see how the food is hygienically prepared and garnished by their cooks. The touch of local flavor is also something that would compel people to visit the place no matter if it's a long drive from Cebu City.
Watching the sun as it sets while sipping a bottle of cold beer or munching your favorite Filipino dish is one of the things you can enjoy at Lantaw while letting the afternoon fade away.
4. Friendly Service. I am not sure if you are going to agree with me on this but I just find most of their crew attentive to the needs of the customers. The service is also faster compared to other restaurants in Cebu that offers fine dining. When my order was taken, I was informed (without me asking) that it will usually take them 15-20 minutes to prepare my food but I got my diet served in less than 10 minutes. Setting proper expectations with customers is just adorable.

You may add more but that's all I could generally voice out this time. I think, the four already covers  all the major reasons for choosing Lantaw. On the other hand, for commuters like me, Lantaw Floating Native  Restaurant is pretty accessible transportation wise. From SM City Cebu, you can hop into a van going to Cordova and from Barangay Poblacion, Cordova, you can take a bike going to Barangay Day-as where Lantaw is hiding waiting to be found by food trippers. 


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

the manager is not so friendly. not all the staff are ok.
its difficult to reach the place without a car, nevertheless, the food and the place is ready worth the wait and time.

Anonymous said...

I've been there, too. The place is wonderful but not the food. Probably because the prices are very reasonable.

Phil said...

It just happened that I did not encounter the not-so-friendly manager that you are referring to and most of the attendants were ready to assist.